Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Life is a Journey



Life seems to be moving too fast these days and i feel like i want to get off just so i can enjoy every second, every minute, every hour..... i can see the light of a new day but sometimes it passes me by without my even realizing it has gone until the colours of the night creep in..


I stop and look back sometimes and the road fades away to nothing.....sometimes I feel like i have missed huge chunks of time and promise myself that on this new day i will experience it all and live in the moment.
I think about the people who have passed through my fingers, some have reached up and touched my heart and remained there, and some have continued on their own journeys down life's path.......i think about all that has passed in my life and wished that each memory was as clear as the ones i have today......


Sometimes i look forward but there is a curve in the road and that is as it should be as i don't always want to know what's around the corner........there is a quote i like....if you want to go places you must either get behind and push or go in front and pull, if you stand to the side you won't go anywhere......

But for today i think i just want to stand at the side listening to the cicadas singing their songs, i want to hear the wind rustling through the oak tree and hear its own wind songs, i want to pick roses to put in a vase and bring inside so i can smell their perfume as the gentle breezes waft around them.....and i want to watch the petals fall onto the table to make their beautiful pattern of shape and colour.....i want to feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair, i want a hug from a small child and a smile from a stranger......i want to live this day.....




And yes tomorrow i will continue on my life's journey i don't know what is ahead of me but i am going to try and take it slowly and see what comes my way and live it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment