Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Houses




Ever since i was a young child i have always been interested in houses both inside and out, i remember visiting my aunties old rambling house and being fascinated by it..... when it was pulled down to build something new i walked around and just didn't get it, the old house contained within its walls memories of all

that had passed, it had a mystery about it which i liked.....
I was lucky enough to have a mother who let me decorate my own room how i wanted, it was small but i was forever changing it around and changing its look..... from tin foil on the walls, to huge posters, to stringing straws for the door coming in.....
When i moved to the big city i was fascinated by all the variety of homes there, so much so that my girls would point them out and say to me there's a nice house mum .... my husband reackons i am the only person who during a movie or tv programme i will say hey look at that ...... whatever it was i had seen .... i am a details person....

The photo above is of a friends house that i get to stay in......i meet this lady when another friend invited me along on this house tour, i knew the house because it had been featured in a magazine and i was excited to be going..... you come to this house from an old country road, through a weathered old gate, you travel slowly down a drive overflowing with native trees, until you reach a clearing with its pond and old willow.......you catch a glimpse of what you think is the house and become excited!! but around the bend you see this little cottage peeping out amongst the trees, hidden so you don;t get a hint about what is to come.....and let me tell you it is full of surprises and about three hours later we had finished our tour....because as you can see from the photo above it is a big house!! to your right is what you see when you come up the drive..... keeps you guessing on what is to come doesn't it..... and did i tell you this is a new house! and was built by the owner..... stay with me and tomorrow i will take you inside.....you won;t believe it.......

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love old houses too and the echoes they produce of times gone by.

    Where is this beauty?

    I love that the walls are not covered in shiny paint but allowed to grow old gracefully (as we all wish to do)!

    ReplyDelete